- This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the privacy and cookies policy of Raccoon Media Group Ltd, Company Number 13039775 (England and Wales) whose registered address is 2 Bell Court, Leapale Lane, Guildford GU1 4LY, United Kingdom, who controls this website. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act, the data controller is Raccoon Media Group Ltd.
- Collection of Personal Information
- The types of personal information collected and stored by Raccoon Media Group Ltd might include your name, condition/motive-based personal details, email address, postal address and telephone number (to the extent permitted by data legislation / GDPR (ico.org.uk).
- Raccoon Media Group Ltd (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
1. any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to Raccoon Media Group Ltd to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from Raccoon Media Group Ltd;
Storage & Retention of Your Information
2. during any transaction with us; and
3. any other data which you provide to Raccoon Media Group Ltd when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
4. Raccoon Media Group Ltd (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
- Raccoon Media Group Ltd will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that Raccoon Media Group Ltd uses and the security policies which Raccoon Media Group Ltd has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
- You have, at any point, the right to be forgotten. To do so, contact [email protected] or click “unsubscribe” on any email communications which you receive from Raccoon Media Group Ltd.
- Use of Your Information
- Raccoon Media Group Ltd may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of GDPR) for the following purposes:
1. administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
2. responding to any enquiry you make;
3. subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding Raccoon Media Group Ltd or any third party’s future services (in all formats to which you have consented e.g. post, email, text); and
4. for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the Raccoon Media Group Ltd website(s) and other services and developing Raccoon Media Group Ltd marketing plans.
- Raccoon Media Group Ltd may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of GDPR) as follows:
1. if you have given your consent for Raccoon Media Group Ltd to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
2. to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by Raccoon Media Group Ltd to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
3. to third parties selected by Raccoon Media Group Ltd as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the Raccoon Media Group Ltd website(s);
4. to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure Raccoon Media Group Ltd’s compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
5. (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Raccoon Media Group Ltd and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring Raccoon Media Group to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on an Raccoon Media Group Ltd website; and
6. to any individual making a subject information request to Raccoon Media Group Ltd.
- In the event that Raccoon Media Group Ltd (or a relevant part of Raccoon Media Group Ltd) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant Raccoon Media Group Ltd business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom Raccoon Media Group Ltd is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on Raccoon Media Group Ltd by the third party.
When you visit an Raccoon Media Group Ltd website(s), Raccoon Media Group Ltd uses “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you’re use of the website. A number of cookies Raccoon Media Group Ltd use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to an Raccoon Media Group Ltd website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to an Raccoon Media Group Ltd website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
- Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the Raccoon Media Group Ltd website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an “interest segment”. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
- Some of the cookies used by Raccoon Media Group Ltd websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on an Raccoon Media Group Ltd website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
Certain cookies are either set by third parties on the Website or these are set by us using the third parties cookie code. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website. In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
Third Party Websites
Please be aware that Raccoon Media Group Ltd does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- To access certain parts of the Raccoon Media Group Ltd websites, Raccoon Media Group Ltd may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
- You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
Call Monitoring for Quality Control
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.
Please note your calls to Raccoon Media Group Ltd may be recorded for training and quality control purposes.